Dental crowns are tooth-shaped restorations that are bonded to damaged teeth. Your new tooth crown will be customized to your affected tooth and will cover the entire visible portion of the tooth down to the gumline.
A tooth crown:
- Restores the strength of the tooth
- Builds up the shape of the tooth
- Improves the color and size of the tooth
Dental crowns can be used for various purposes, including:
- Fortifying weak teeth
- Building up broken or cracked teeth
- Preventing further fracturing
- Supporting large fillings
- Restoring dental implants
Treatment for Dental Crowns and Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth in your mouth. These fixed appliances are actually a series of porcelain crowns that are secured to the remaining natural teeth or to dental implants.
Plan on two dental visits to create and place your porcelain crowns or bridges. Steps to getting your tooth crown or dental bridges include:
- Your dentist will prepare the teeth for dental crowns or dental bridges by shaping the teeth.
- He will take digital impressions of the teeth that will be used to fabricate your unique porcelain crowns.
- Porcelain crowns and dental bridges are manufactured in our state-of-the-art dental lab.
- In the meantime, we will fit you with an attractive temporary tooth crown or bridge.
- When your permanent porcelain crowns or dental bridges are ready, we will polish and shape them to fit your smile perfectly!
Once your dental bridge or dental crowns are placed, it is important to practice proper brushing and flossing practices. In order to increase the longevity of your dental bridges or dental crowns, keep them healthy with daily brushing and flossing paired with biannual dental visits.
Why Replace and Repair Teeth?
Replacing or repairing teeth goes deeper than your appearance. Repairing or replacing teeth will:
- Prevent tooth pain, further damage, and tooth loss
- Protect the alignment and function of your bite
- Make teeth easier to clean and less susceptible to decay and disease
- Restore your propensity to properly chew and speak
- Restore your smile and your confidence
Damaged smile? Don’t wait to call the Morrisville Dentist. We look forward to conservatively restoring your oral health!