- Subconscious: Many patients who have a teeth grinding habit don’t choose to have one. They grind their teeth without any awareness of doing so, usually in their sleep.
- Stress-related: Most patients who suffer from bruxism will find that their habit is stress-related. Stress or anxiety causes them to grind their teeth more without them even knowing it.
- Harmful: Teeth grinding can transform your bite, and even worse, severely damage the teeth and jaws over time.
Teeth grinding wears on the chewing surfaces of the teeth. The harder wear and tear will prematurely age the teeth. The enamel weakens, making them more susceptible to decay and trauma. They become open to problems like hypersensitivity, tooth loss, jaw and facial pain, and headaches.
Do I Suffer from Bruxism?
If you have noticed you grind your teeth, or someone has told you that you do, come see our experienced team. We recognize bruxism damage when we see it, and we can help you stop your teeth grinding habit.
Here are a few clues you might be suffering from teeth grinding:
- Your jaw is often sore
- You hear popping sounds when opening and closing the mouth
- Jaw mobility feels limited
- Sensitive teeth
- Your teeth look shorter or worn down
- You notice small dents on the tongue
Bruxism is Treatable!
If teeth grinding is affecting your oral health, we offer an effective solution at the Morrisville Dentist. We offer a mouthguard for grinding teeth that is worn while sleeping. It is less intrusive but just as successful as other methods.
Your mouthguard for grinding teeth will be designed with a high-quality acrylic that covers the biting surfaces of the teeth. It prevents the biting surfaces from coming into contact. Your mouth guard will protect your teeth and prevent long-term damage.
Benefits of our Professional Mouthguards
Benefits of our professional mouthguard for grinding teeth include:
- Prevent wear and tear on your healthy enamel
- Prevent destruction of your dental work
- Eliminate sensitivity and pain
- An effective solution that is noninvasive
- Comfortable to wear
- Easy to clean and transport
- Relaxes jaw muscles and reduces pressure on joints
To find out more about your oral health needs, request an appointment at the Morrisville Dentist today.