Have you ever put off a dental procedure due to nerves? You’re not the only one. Maybe you’re anxious about the procedure itself, or maybe about the results.
Good news–we are delivering comfortable and conservative solutions at the Morrisville Dentist. We believe in resolving your oral health concerns in a way that will yield the greatest long-term benefit to you, the patient.
With good oral hygiene and an occasional restorative procedure, you can preserve your healthy natural teeth. If the time comes that you need a cavity filling, we offer a safe solution that will blend in with your natural teeth: white fillings.
Uses of Composite Fillings
Why might you need a composite filling? A cavity filling is used to fill in a hole or chip in the tooth. The damage might be caused by bacteria or by physical trauma.
A white filling quickly:
- Corrects the appearance of the tooth
- Protects the tooth from further breakage
- Makes the tooth less susceptible to decay and infection
When you have your cavity filling done at the Morrisville Dentist, we often recommend composite fillings over amalgam fillings and mercury fillings. White fillings, or composite fillings, are nontoxic to your body, unlike traditional mercury fillings. We match them precisely to the color of your true teeth.
If you are experiencing some tooth pain, or think you may have a cavity, contact the Morrisville Dentist to schedule your check-up. We will prevent something simple from turning into something more serious.
Benefits of White Fillings
- Created to match your unique enamel
- Smoothed to ensure a natural feel
- Less tooth structure is lost
- Less drilling necessary
- Containing no mercury or other toxic materials
- Provides support to remaining tooth structure
- Insulates the tooth against temperature changes
What to Expect
- Your Morrisville dentist will prepare the tooth and remove the decay.
- We will apply a bonding agent to the prepared tooth.
- We place the composite material and mold it to your tooth structure.
- The material is hardened with a curing light.
We will make sure your cavity filling process is pleasant. To schedule your comfortable checkup, cleaning, or cavity filling, contact our practice today.